Sunday, March 19, 2023

Boss’s Secret Baby by Crystal Monroe

26085501
My new boss is my baby's daddy...
He just doesn't know it yet.

But when he sees my son for the first time...
Feels a fatherly connection that he can't describe,
He knows something is wrong.

Five years ago, Carter and I had one unforgettable night hours before he left town.
I tried to find him, but fate had other plans.

Now, five years later, he's back in town.
And my baby's daddy is my prick of a new boss.

The moment his intense soul piercing blue eyes lock on mine,
I know I'm in trouble.
I have a secret that's four years old.
And that secret needs a daddy.

Hopefully Carter needs a mama...

Can our second chance survive a secret this big?

Book: Boss’s Secret Baby by Crystal Monroe
Published: May 21, 2021
Pages: 238
Genres: Romance, Surprise Pregnancy, Hero is Heroines Boss
Format: Kindle
Date Read: March 16, 2023
Rating: 2 Potatoes 🥔🥔

I have been getting a lot of book recommendations from Facebook ads lately and some of them have been good and some haven't been. Unfortunately, this is one that was not a good recommendation.

The author can write very well and I didn't see many typos or anything like that, the writing itself was fine. But there was no character progression at all! The beginning of the book started off so well that I was excited to read it!

So the book starts off with Izzy's boyfriend breaking up with her and her friends trying to convince her to have a one night stand to get over him. Enter Carter. Izzy and Carter had great chemistry when they met and I felt like things were definitely starting off on the right foot for our hero and heroine.

5 years later Izzy interviews for a job at the company that Carter owns and that part was written very well too. But, thats when things start to go down hill. They start sleeping together and spending time with one another but there is no character progression and they barely talk and learn nothing about the other. They are in deep lust with the other and have good sex, thats about the depth of their relationship.

Then Carter finally finds out about their son Liam and boom he just wants to be with them and take care of them. This coming from the guy who 2 months ago was sleeping with anyone with legs? I just feel like the characters did a complete 180 and were suddenly in love with the other and want to be together and there was no journey going from like to love. I wanted more, I want to read the moments in between and how they fell in love, what they like about the other. I wanted more Liam and Carter moments. I just wanted MORE overall and this book did not deliver. I was really looking forward to reading this based off the reviews and the premise of the store but it came up short.

No comments:

Post a Comment