Friday, October 14, 2016

Play Nice (The Devils Share 1) by L.P. Maxa

26085501
Rock a stadium. Bang a chick. Repeat. As lead singer of The Devil’s Share, Dash Conner could get anything or anyone he wanted—until he met Lexi Grant.

MONEY. FAME. WHISKEY. SEX.

For Dash Conner, lead singer of The Devil’s Share, everything he wanted was his for the asking. Whiskey. Drugs. Money. Sex. But not Lexi Grant. For the first time since he picked up a guitar, a girl was actually demanding he woo her. For a chance with her, Dash would do that and more.

Lexi Grant was no groupie. Just because the biggest rock star in the world smiled at her didn’t mean she had to fall into bed with him—but it was going to be awfully hard to resist that impish smile and those tatted abs. Surely one night of fun wouldn’t hurt anyone.

Unless that night ends with a broken condom.

For Lexi and Dash, that’s just the beginning. Add an overly affectionate pit bull, a missing guitarist, a house full of sorority girls, a junkie ex-bandmate and an extreme aversion to JΓ€ger, and it’s either a recipe for disaster or true love.

Book: Play Nice (The Devils Share 1) by L.P. Maxa
Published: July 1st, 2015
Pages: 134
Genres: Romance, Erotica, Famous, Musician
Format: Kindle
Date Read: October 13-14, 2016
Rating: 4.5 Potatoes πŸ₯”πŸ₯”πŸ₯”πŸ₯”

First of all - the ONLY reason this book is getting 4.5 stars instead of 5 is because of how short it is. I WANT MORE!

I fell in love with Dash and Lexi within the first few pages of this book. I know this type of storyline has been done so many times before but I never grow tired of it. And the band? I absolutely love them all! I love each of their little quirks and issues, they all just fit together so nicely.

Naturally, I would have liked to have seen more of a build up in Dash and Lexi's relationship before they became a couple and went the "I Love You" route but when a book is this short things are sped up a little bit. It still worked for the characters! I really can't think of any part of this book I didn't like (other than the fact that its so short)! It easily could have been another 150-200 pages so the storyline and characters were more fleshed out. But, it is what it is - I still loved it!

I absolutely love Dagger, Lexi's dog. I feel like he definitely steals the spotlight in a lot of the book - he's such an important character.

So, yeah, I loved the book… GO CHECK IT OUT!

And, now I'm off to buy the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment