Monday, September 25, 2017

Kulti by Mariana Zapata

26085501
“Trust me, I’ve wanted to punch you in the face a time or five.”

When the man you worshipped as a kid becomes your coach, it’s supposed to be the greatest thing in the world. Keywords: supposed to.

It didn’t take a week for twenty-seven-year-old Sal Casillas to wonder what she’d seen in the international soccer icon—why she’d ever had his posters on her wall, or ever envisioned marrying him and having super-playing soccer babies.

Sal had long ago gotten over the worst non-break-up in the history of imaginary relationships with a man that hadn’t known she’d existed. So she isn’t prepared for this version of Reiner Kulti who shows up to her team’s season: a quiet, reclusive, shadow of the explosive, passionate man he’d once been.

Nothing could have prepared her for the man she got to know.

Or the murderous urges he brought out in her.

“Sal, please don’t make me visit you in jail. Orange isn’t your color.”

This was going to be the longest season of her life.

Book: Kulti by Mariana Zapata
Published: March 20, 2015
Pages: 570
Genres: Romance, Athlete
Format: Kindle
Date Read: September 15-25, 2017
Rating: 5 Potatoes πŸ₯”πŸ₯”πŸ₯”πŸ₯”πŸ₯”

I was sucked in from the first chapter of this book and I knew I was going to enjoy this read. I love the way the author tells the story and I so enjoy the main character, Sal's commentary and sense of humor.

"It was the worst non-break-up ever in the history of imaginary relationships with a man who didn’t even know I existed."

I love the character of Sal, she was so much fun to read about. And Kulti. Oh, how I love Kulti. This book was definitely a slow burn, super slow, but so worth it. The main characters had such chemistry and I enjoyed their banter so much.

"The German tilted his head up and cursed something low and long in German. “You were brought to this planet to give me an ulcer, weren’t you?”"

I also loved Jenny and Harlow - its always nice to see TRUE friends are out there. And I loved any of the squad members that we're backstabbing fakers.

"The second [voicemail} was from one of the defenders on the team that I wasn’t particularly close to, who laughed so hard she sounded like she was dying. “German Chocolate Cake! Oh my god, I thought I pissed my pants.”"

I think everyone should live by the motto below, its so true.

"Once you reluctantly accepted that people were always going to judge you no matter what, it got a little easier to deal with having people dislike you."

I thoroughly enjoyed this book from start to finish and highly recommend it to everyone, even readers that aren't huge fans of sports book. Read this book, you wont regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment