Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Winning Streak (The Beasts of Baseball #4) by Alice Ward

26085501
Fake Girlfriend... Fake FiancΓ©e... Real Altar

I have two passions in life — baseball and women.

But in four years, I’ll be forced to take over my family's billion-dollar company, and they expect me to start acting like it. That means I’ll have to bring home a woman. Any woman.

What I didn’t count on was being blindsided by freckles, sunshine, and an ass so fine it makes me harder than my baseball bat.

Before I know it, Eliana Anderson goes from fake girlfriend, to fake fiancΓ©e, to an altar that’s all too real... I don’t even know how it happened. And all just to make my family happy!

She came into my world like a wrecking ball, but now I want to make her my home run.

I just never expected the virtual bomb that was about to go off and shatter our entire world.

Book: Winning Streak (The Beasts of Baseball #4) by Alice Ward
Published: March 4th, 2017
Pages: 370
Genres: Romance, Athlete, Erotica
Format: Kindle
Date Read: August 15 - September 11, 2017
Rating: 4 Potatoes πŸ₯”πŸ₯”πŸ₯”πŸ₯”

I loved this book, truly, and I enjoyed the main characters - Eliana and Kane. I thought they were so well suited for each other. And once I was able to sit down and have time to read and enjoy this book I did not want to put it down!

I like what Eliana and Kane were about and its nice to to see two very flawed characters come together and naturally fall in love. I hope the author references this couple in other books, I'd like to see what happens to them in the future!

My only reason for giving it 4 stars is that the book just abruptly ends. Things are coming to a head and we know something big is going to happen and then all of a sudden everything is wrapped up in a neat little bow and the book is finished so quickly it almost gave me whiplash. Everything was so perfectly paced and done so well and then everything just stops. I wish the end would have been fleshed out a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment