Monday, December 13, 2021

One Tough Cowboy by Lora Leigh

26085501
For as long as Samantha can remember, Hunter—a man as strong as steel, with a heart of gold—has been her hero. It came as no surprise to Samantha when she found out that the ranch-hardened cowboy who always protected her from bullies went on to become the town’s sheriff. What does surprise her is how incredibly hot he still is. And how much she still wants him…

And, lo and behold, Hunter still has feelings for Samantha. The long-smoldering heat of their innocent flirtation has grown into a full-raging fire. But when tragedy strikes, and their small-town community is shattered, Hunter vows to do everything he can to keep his childhood sweetheart safe. But can Samantha trust that Hunter has her best interests at heart…and that, after all these years, his love is true?

Book: One Tough Cowboy by Lora Leigh
Published: January 29, 2019
Pages: 293
Genres: Romance, Cowboy, Erotica
Format: Kindle
Date Read: December 11-12, 2021
Rating: 2 Potatoes πŸ₯”πŸ₯”

With the way this book started, I thought it would be a nice slow burn. Then, only 4 or 5 chapters in, the hero and heroine had sex and I was left confused. These characters had barely even flirted at this point! Both had crushed on each other 10 years ago and liked what they saw now but they were having a serious discussion and then bam- having sex. I don't know if its just my old fashioned views or what but I was definitely shocked by what seemed like a random sex scene.

In the next chapter they almost have sex again and then the heroine says that they need to stop and that it was a mistake. I enjoy Lora Leighs writing so much, some of my favorite books were written by her, but this book confused me more than anything in the first few chapters.

I kept reading, hoping it would get better as I truly do enjoy her characters and stories but it didn't. I ended up skimming the second half of the book just to see how it ended.

I was not impressed by this book, the characters annoyed me and seemed to have no real depth, the storyline itself had potential to be great but was too rushed. I will obviously continue to read Lora Leigh's books in the future but this one gets a thumbs down from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment