Friday, September 18, 2015

With Every Heartbeat (Forbidden Men #4) by Linda Kage

26085501
I used to think everything was black and white, truth or lie, easy or hard, that if I could just escape my strict, overbearing, abusive father, my life would be perfect. But since I’ve found a reason to risk his wrath and leave, to help a friend in need, I’ve come to realize everything I thought I knew is wrong.

Friends have their own agenda, honesty comes with a dosage of lie, easy doesn’t even exist, keeping secrets sucks, and love...love is the most painful thing of all.

Maybe if Quinn Hamilton hadn’t asked me to skip classes for the day and help him pick out an engagement ring for my best friend, I wouldn’t have fallen for him so completely on that sunny Tuesday afternoon and I wouldn’t feel so conflicted. But I did, and I can’t take it back, no matter how hard I try. So I have to deal with the fact that even I’m not as good, or honest, or caring as I’d always thought I was, and no matter what I do next, someone’s going to get hurt. Probably me.

Book: With Every Heartbeat (Forbidden Men #4) by Linda Kage (Goodreads, Amazon)
Published: March 2nd, 2015
Pages: 408
Genres: New Adult, Romance, Erotic, College, Romantic Comedy
Format: Kindle
Date Read: September 18, 2015
Rating: Five Potatoes! 🥔🥔🥔🥔🥔

Let me start of by saying just how much I have been enjoying reading this series. Linda Kage has created a wonderful world for us to embrace and learn about. All of the characters in this series are so intriguing and I love each one more than the last. Except Pick, I have a special place in my heart for him. Oh how I love Pick.

Anyway...

With Every Heartbeat was an amazing book - I felt so much for the hero and heroine, who truly were a match made in heaven. I laughed, I cried, I contemplated throwing by kindle across the room because I hated Cora so much...

Cora. What an evil brat. I don't think I have hated a character quite as much as I hate her and I try to use that word sparingly because its a very strong emotion. There is a special place in hell reserved for horrible people like her. The things she did to her boyfriend and best friend... there is just no excuse for anything she did and I found no redeeming qualities in her whatsoever.

Quinn aka Ham was just as wonderful as I knew he would be. He is truly a "good" guy who always has peoples best interest at heart. What a sweetheart, really. I loved him. And Zoey was such a likeable heroine; she was just as "good" as Quinn - they were made for eachother. Truly.

As usual, I love that Linda Kage always brings in the characters from the previous and future books - I got my Pick fix and I love Eva and Reese's friendship, they entertain me greatly. And of course, Ten - I love the colorful things that come out of his mouth.

So, even though I absolutely hated Cora the Whora, I still loved this book and it truly was wonderful. Brava!

No comments:

Post a Comment