Friday, October 30, 2015

Room for You (Cranberry Inn #1) by Beth Ehemann

26085501
Four years ago, my dreams were shattered in an instant.

I tried to pick up the pieces and glue them back together the best I knew how, but something was always missing.

A father for my two girls.

But then, Brody Murphy landed on my doorstep, literally. He was a carefree, playful hockey player who barged into my life and messed with my head. He left me more confused than I had ever been.

What if the one thing I thought I needed was the only thing holding me back?

Book: Room for You (Cranberry Inn #1) by Beth Ehemann (Goodreads)
Published: October 22nd, 2013
Pages: 359
Genres: Romance, Sports, Athlete
Format: Kindle
Date Read: October 20-26, 2015
Rating: 4 Potatoes πŸ₯”πŸ₯”πŸ₯”πŸ₯”

I really liked this book - I loved Brody and all of Kacie's friends (Alexa and Lauren are AMAZING!) and the children are adorable! I loved Kacie's mom as well - she's a hoot! However, I absolutely could not stand Kacie. Other than her undying love for her children, I have no clue what Brody saw in her. She was annoying and idiotic - I found myself wishing I could slap her with this book to get her to wake up! I understood that she has been scarred by the past and she was trying to guard herself BUT then she shouldn't have bothered with Brody in the first place if she was that scared. Right? Right.

The storyline was good, I loved it, the book didn't dawdle at all. Although, if I could have continued reading about Brody I wouldn't have cared if it carried on a bit longer! Such a sweet, romantic, man. He's everything all wrapped up in nice package. Pun intended.

Will I be reading the next book? I'm not quite sure yet. I really did love Brody but I don't know if I can deal with Kacie again... time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment