Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Start a War (Saint View Psychos #1) by Elle Thorpe

26085501
“Do you want some Goldfish crackers, Bliss?”

Those were the last words my brother said to me before he was shot execution style. A childhood code only he and I knew, and one that had a single, clear meaning behind it.

Run.

I’m not going anywhere. Not when his murderer is still out there.

To catch a killer, I put aside my life of money and luxury and take over the running of Psychos, a dive bar in the seedy underbelly of Saint View.

But Psychos delivers more than I ever could have bargained for and three men I never saw coming.

Nash, my brother’s best friend. Older and more experienced, he still remembers me as the neglected child he once saved.

War, heir to a biker gang throne and searching for the man who left his mother in a coma. Bonded over a common goal, he introduces me to a world of after-hours clubs, danger, and violence.

And Vincent, the quiet new guy nobody seems to see except me. He’s sweet and quirky, but there’s a darkness in him just waiting to be unleashed.

With every lie we uncover, every secret we expose, the danger mounts.

Until there’s only one thing we know for sure.

The killer is still out there.

And we’re his next targets.

Book: Start a War (Saint View Psychos #1) by Elle Thorpe
Published: July 1, 2022
Pages: 362
Genres: Romance, Erotica, Menage
Format: Kindle
Date Read: February 8, 2023
Rating: 4 Potatoes 🥔🥔🥔🥔

I read all 3 of these books in one day! I'm still trying to decide how I feel about them because I'm a bit conflicted. Were they good reads? Yes. Would I recommend them to other readers? Without a doubt! But part me also feels like the characters were lacking depth in some areas. We learn a lot about them, yes, but I feel like we also don't learn so much more. We learn very little about the characters pasts and families, except for Bliss', and the 3 men only seem to think and breathe Bliss. I enjoy reading about heroes that are so in love with the heroine that they have tunnel vision for most other things but these guys took it to a whole other level. There was barely even a relationship discussion about Bliss being with all 3 of them - it was just kind of like, well this is what she wants so I guess we can all share her.

Did I enjoy the steamy love scenes? Of course I did! And I fell in love with all 3 of our heroes for very different reasons.

"Bliss allowed to come visit me now, dad?"
"It's Daddy to you."
War snorted. "It's always the quiet ones."


I absolutely loved the banter betwen Scythe and War. I loved the banter between Scythe and everyone, really. He was very frank and wasn't afraid to be who and what he wanted to be. He was honestly my favorite of Bliss' 3 men, even though he was a cold-blooded murderer. I loved how beneath his rock hard exterior he truly loved Bliss and just wanted her to be happy and he wasn't going to give her up or their happiness for anyone. I enjoyed Vincent too but Scythe definitely holds a special place in my heart.

These 3 books are well worth the read, check it out for yourself! You won't be disappointed in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment