Wednesday, February 8, 2023

The Summer Proposal by Vi Keeland

26085501
The first time I met Max Yearwood was on a blind date.
Max was insanely gorgeous, funny, and our chemistry was off the charts. He also had the biggest dimples I’d ever laid eyes on.
Exactly what I needed after my breakup.
Or so I thought…
Until my real date arrived.
Turned out, Max wasn’t who I was there to meet. He only pretended to be until my real date showed up.
To say I was disappointed would be an understatement.
Before he left, he slipped me a ticket to a hockey game a few blocks away, in case things didn’t work out on my actual date.
I tossed the ticket into my purse and went about trying to enjoy the man I was supposed to meet.
But my real blind date and I had no connection.
So on my way home, I decided to take a chance and stop by the game.
When I arrived, the seat next to me was empty.
Disappointed again, I decided to leave at the end of the period.
Just before the buzzer, one of the teams scored, and the entire arena went crazy.
A player’s face flashed up on the Jumbotron. He was wearing a helmet, but I froze when he smiled.
You guessed it: Dimples.
Apparently, my fake blind date hadn’t invited me to watch hockey with him, he’d invited me to watch him play.
And so began my adventure with Max Yearwood.
He was everything I needed at the time—fun, sexy, up for anything, and only around for a few months since he’d signed with a new team three-thousand miles away. Max proposed we spend the summer helping me forget my ex. It sounded like a good plan. Things couldn’t get too serious when we had an expiration date. Right?
Though, you know what they say about the best-laid plans.

Book: The Summer Proposal by Vi Keeland
Published: January 10, 2022
Pages: 350
Genres: Romance, Athlete, Erotica, Famous Hero
Format: Kindle
Date Read: February 5, 2023
Rating: 5 Potatoes 🥔🥔🥔🥔🥔

This was the very first Vi Keeland book I have ever read and I have to say – I am officially a fan!

Max and Georgia were both very loveable characters that were realistic and not one dimensional at all. The author did a great job developing them as the story progressed. Their first meeting had me riveted and I did not want to put this book down!

“The Yearwood men are sort of like large trees. You can’t chop them down very easily, but when they fall, they’re sort of immovable.”

I absolutely loved Max’s zest for life and how he just wanted to be happy and didn’t want to waste time not doing things that he didn’t want to. I loved Georgia’s quirks and how hard she worked to start her own company and to keep it growing strong! But, even more than all of that, I loved these characters together. The chemistry they had was off the charts and they just fit together so well! I enjoyed Max’s family and would love to read more books about them as well as a book about Georgia’s best friend Maggie! I honestly just loved all of the characters and hope to see a sequel or a series continuing with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment