Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Oblivion by Jessica Wood

26085501
I wake up to a life and a man that I can’t remember.

He says his name is Connor Brady—the tall, sexy CEO of Brady Global, Inc.

He says my name is Olivia Stuart, and that I was recently in an accident and lost my memory.

Also, he says I’m his fiancΓ©.

Although I don’t remember Connor, or anything about my past, something about him seems familiar. He is kind, protective, and breathtakingly-gorgeous. But there is just one problem—he seems too perfect.

As I begin to rebuild my relationship with Connor and accept the idea that I may never remember my past, I unexpectedly meet Ethan James.

Ethan is the mysterious, rebellious stranger who pushes my boundaries to their limits and makes me feel alive. As our lives collide time and time again, the bits and pieces of my past start to unravel, unearthing the secrets that have been buried deep inside my subconscious. With every new memory I gain about who I once was, I become more torn between the man who is my fiancΓ© and the stranger who is the key to my past. Is my life with Connor really as perfect as he leads me to believe?



Book: Oblivion by Jessica Wood (Goodreads)
Published: October 27th, 2014
Pages: 324
Genres: Romance
Format: Kindle
Date Read: March 8-9, 2016
Rating: 3.5 Potatoes πŸ₯”πŸ₯”πŸ₯”

I'm only giving this book 3.5 stars because I just didn't feel like the story was as fleshed out as it could have been. It was very good but I spent a lot of the book confused because things weren't explained. This isn't my first book by this author and I felt the same way with the other books so I know it's not a coincidence.

I loved Ethan - he was absolutely perfect. He was the stereotypical "bad boy" with a heart of gold, figuratively speaking, of course. Connor, he just never sat well with me from the start so I wasn't surprised to read what he was really like. Liv was okay, not a great heroine, but she was okay. Anna, the best friend, was great - loved her!

There really isn't much to say about this book. Was it good? Yes, but it could have been so much better. I really liked the idea of the story and it just didn't live up to the premise (in my opinion, anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment