Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Within These Walls by J.L. Berg

26085501
Within these walls, he became my solace, my sanctuary and my strength.

I am not strong. I am just a survivor of circumstance.
Isn't that what we all do? Survive?

Each of us has our own set of circumstances to muddle through. Mine are just more...complicated. Born with a severe heart defect, I've seen the inside of a hospital room more than my own bedroom.

I was drowning, a prisoner to the illness that owned me, until he appeared. He thinks he's blocked out the world with his tattoos and hard exterior, but I see the real Jude, the one he so desperately wants to forget.

But is he the answer to my prayers or will he break my already damaged heart forever?

My name is Lailah Buchanan, and this is our story of hope, redemption and sacrificing it all for the one you love.

Book: Within These Walls (The Walls Duet #1) by J.L. Berg (Goodreads)
Published: August 18th, 2014
Pages: 307
Genres: Romance, New Adult, Freebie On Amazon
Format: Kindle
Date Read: March 22-23, 2016
Rating: 5 Potatoes! 🥔🥔🥔🥔🥔

I am absolutely in love with this book! In Love!

I loved Jude and Lailah (love the way her name is spelled, even!)! Jude was a perfectly flawed character who managed to make Lailah, as well as me, fall in love with him! He was tattooed, angsty, mysterious, kind, funny, thoughtful, the list goes on and on. He was so wonderful to Lailah and she deserved all of it and more.

A lot of books like this upset me because they promise a strong heroine and that is almost never the case. With Lailah, I found myself applauding her at every turn! She was strong, courageous and such a great soul. My favorite scene (spoiler alert!) was when she stayed up late and pretended to sleep to catch whoever was leaving her chocolate pudding while she was sleeping. I think that scene shows so much about her character, not to mention that we get a good look at how spunky she is!

Lailah and Jude, Jude and Lailah - their names were truly written in the stars; they were meant to be together.

I loved every single thing about the characters and this storyline. I love all of the hospital nurses, doctors, administration and even liked Lailah's mom! The author did such an amazing job weaving this tale and bringing these characters to life. I could picture everyone in my mind and this talented author gave me that. Brava!

This book is worth every bit of the high rating it has. If you haven't read it yet, what the heck are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment